I read in one of the tutorial guides that it is possible to automatically attach a pre-loaded image with a specific comment but I cannot find reference to this in any of the tutorials or videos.  I would also like further clarification on how to use the brackets [___] in the custom form studio to include more than one bracket and comment in a sentence and when and when not to use the grouping feature when using brackets.

• Re: Attaching images to comments

by » 4 years ago

Hello Mike,

In regards to loading in an image with a specific comment. You can do this one of two ways.

The first is to use the thumbnails pane at the bottom of your screen in report writer.

Select the folder where your pictures are saved using the folder icon in the thumbnails tab.

Click on the comment you want to add a picture too.

Click the image you want to add. 

Click the Import and Edit button. A new window will open with the image in it.

Here you can do some basic editing of the image using the top toolbar. It is also where the Caption option is. You can type your Caption text there.

Click Save and Close.

Now you've added the image with the caption.

The second way to do this is:

In report writer click on edit in the top tool bar. Then click Import Image. A new window will open. 

Select the image you want and type text in the Caption bar at the top of the screen.

Click save and exit. Then the image will be added to the report with the caption.

In regards to your second question please review our topic on Placeholders at the below link.

https://3dinspection.com/tips-and-tricks/sentence-completing-placeholders-quickly-fill-inspection-specifics-into-comments.html

This topic on grouping may also interest you:

https://3dinspection.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-automatically-punctuate-itemize-or-number-groups-of-findings-you-click-off.html

If you wanted to use 2 brackets in one narrative then you can. The way it will work is once you select a narrative from the list it will fill out the first bracket. Once you select another narrative it will fill out the 2nd bracket.

• Re: Attaching images to comments

by » 4 years ago

As a follow up on my last post...

If you wanted to include an image with a narrative when selected then you need to edit the narrative in Custom Form Studio.

To do this:

Open 3D

Open Custom Form Studio

Right click the form you wish to edit and click edit form

Navigate to and select the narrative you wish to edit

In the bottom pane click on the image button. It is right next to the text color option.

Select the image you want. Edit it or add a caption if needed.

Click Save and Close.

Save and exit out of the form.

Right click your form group and click compile.

In future reports that narrative comment will also include the desired picture.

Thank you said by: Mike Scheiderich, Charlie Gutridge

You must login to reply to this topic.