The Phone3D app for certain phone or tablet devices is free and may be installed on multiple phones or tablets. Cloud3D Services transfers reports over your internet connection. You may demo the Phone3D interface without Cloud3D Services, but must sign up for a personal account to transfer actual mobile reports to and from Phone3D and your 3D Inspection System software.
Videos about Phone3D
What inspectors say about Phone3D.
More Phone3D related articles.
To get started (each step outlined on this page below):
B. Demo the interface for free!
C. Sign-up for your personal Cloud3D Services account. Wait for your confirmation email.
D. Use Office Management to transfer reports to/from your device.
WINDOWS PHONE - Information about Installing Apps (Some have reported issues with the updated Windows Phone 10 camera app not returning images to the Phone3D app on certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, but no issues inserting from the gallery.) NOTE: NOV 2016 Microsoft removed tens of thousands of apps from its phone store when it was revamped. Phone3D was apparently among the apps and is currently unavailable. Stay tuned for when Phone3D becomes available again for Windows Phone. Likely WP10 will be the minimum OS at that time. If you have previously installed Phone3D on your Windows Phone, we recommend keeping it installed on your device if you wish to continue to use it until that time, or if you are using a Windows Phone 7 or 8, since those builds may not become available again.
- In Play Store, Search for "3d inspection"
- Or use a QR reader or Google Goggles to scan the green QR code to the right, tap link & Install.
- Or from a regular computer browser, use Get it link with your Android account.
After installing, Open Sample to play with a demo of the Phone3D interface.
The Sample is a brief example residential report to allow you to demo the interface. When using Phone3D with your personal Cloud3D account, you'll use your OWN customized forms from your main software instead.
View Phone3D Interface Tips Here
If you have questions about using the interface, please ask: http://www.3dinspection.com/tech-support/index.html
Learn more about Cloud3D Services
To turn on Cloud3D Services:
1. Click Here to sign-up for Cloud3D Services. You must have an active software subscription to use Cloud3D Services.
2. 3D Inspection Systems will email you when your account is enabled, after which you may start using it.
Login with your User name (Activation ID/Account ID email used during initial activation of your desktop software) and password when sending or retrieving reports, or the login provided to you by your employer. Employers may manage their inspector logins from the report writer Preferences Cloud3D Services tab in the main software. If multiple inspectors use your Cloud3D Services account, each should ONLY use the sub-account login assigned to them to avoid accidentally overwriting others' reports. Inspections should always be created from and converted back to the same main computer.
*Cloud3D Services must be enabled (see step C. above)
To send a report to your device:
1. In your job in Office Management, make sure the job is assigned to the desired inspector. Select the job and use the activity in the right pane to "Create and upload mobile inspection".
2. Select a job name assigned to the inspector and the form group to use for the report, and login when prompted. Your inspection and inspection date and time entered for the job is uploaded for handy viewing on your device.
To open a report on your device:
1. In Phone3D, login using your Cloud3D ID and password.
2. Tap the desired report(s) and Download.
3. Tap the desired inspection on the phone and Open.
4. Wait for Phone3D to load the report, and Inspect!
View or Download Phone3D Interface Tips Here
1. When finished with your report, Back out of the report to the inspection listing.
2. Tap the inspection on the phone and Upload.
3. Wait for Phone3D to finish uploading the report, and you're ready to finalize and deliver it!
To retrieve the report back into your regular PC 3D Inspection System:
1. In Office Management, click "Retrieve Mobile Inspection" in the toolbar.
2. Select the desired completed report and click OK to convert it back into the regular program.
Note about special graphical forms (WDO, Wind Mitigation, HUD, etc.): Phone3D works exceptionally well for regular narrative style form groups used for most inspections. However if you use a special graphical form that prints a special pre-designed layout, please note the following caveats. Since Phone3D does not know if a form is designed to print graphically, do not use the copy heading or subheading option because graphical forms can only print existing fields as designed onto the final printout. Only insert photos into any fields specifically designated to accept them in the final graphical form, as they will not otherwise work or be accessible. Only insert a single photo into each such designated photo field. Where a photo section is available in a graphical form, usually there are multiple fields for inserting the photos separately. None of these restrictions apply to regular narrative style form groups. (To verify whether a particular form group is graphical or not, switch to the regular Report Writer and click File > New Inspection to view your forms groups. White icons in the listing are narrative; Yellow icons are graphical)