3D Inspection Systems current version series is 12.2, and we support major version series 12.2 and 12.1. Old versions are unsupported and often incompatible with newer Windows. Our x.y.z version 2nd number (y) designates a major series, while the 3rd (z) indicates a minor update within that series. Get minor updates within a series (z) via Help > Check for updates; upgrading to a newer major series (x.y) requires a new full installer.
Find out what version am I running.
View What's New PDF.
Current version desktop software compatibility:
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 SP1. NOT compatible with ARM or RT. Note: Microsoft ended mainstream support for Vista SP2 in 2012, and for Windows 7 in Jan 2015, but it is possible to run the current 3D version on a properly functioning Vista or 7 with all updates installed. (Note: Any server must be able to run SQL Express 2012 - See Networking info)
- 2 GB RAM min.; 4GB+ for 64-bit (at or below minimum may lag in performance)
- Internet connectivity REQUIRED for initial product activation, after which only for certain features or updates.
We cannot assist with unexpected technical issues on unsupported operating systems, virtual environment, or obsolete versions.
3D software is not native to Apple or Mac OS so no official support is available, but some users report success using options like BootCamp or Parallels to run Windows on a Mac. Third-party assistance with setup is available if needed, for example see http://www.3dinspection.com/3d-add-ins/services/acu-spect.html
3D Inspection System software is designed and tested only for English versions of Windows. Although custom inspection forms and content may be created for non-English inspections (except Asian languages), technical support and program menus are English-only. We do not test non-English or non-Windows setups.
The optional Phone3D mobile app uses Cloud3D Services to transfer reports to/from your 3D Inspection System desktop software using your Internet connection. Phone3D requires:
- Compatible devices with camera:
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com (Note that Phone3D was not specifically designed for or tested on Windows Phone 10, although some users have reported using the app on Windows Phone 10 devices. Some have reported issues with the updated Windows Phone 10 camera app not returning images to the Phone3D app on certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, but no issues inserting from the gallery.) NOTE: NOV 2016 Microsoft removed tens of thousands of apps from its phone store. Phone3D was apparently among the apps and is currently unavailable. Stay tuned for when Phone3D becomes available again for Windows Phone. Likely WP10 will be the minimum OS at that time.
- Android 2.3.1+ phone or tablet. Pre-Honeycomb devices use phone-style menu. Device needs access to Google Play Store. Read user model feedback
- Internet access needed to transfer report files, but a connection is not required to work on reports once on a device.
- A Cloud3D Services account is required for data transfer, activated separately but free to software subscribers.
- Works with current version of 3D Inspection System desktop software that has internet access to send and receive reports.
Subject to terms provided to you by 3D Inspection Systems and Cloud3D Services. Your wireless carrier or internet provider may have other terms. (Certain proxy servers may prevent direct access to IP addresses, or change information passing through servers so as to cause a communication error. We cannot support or control proxy internet servers that may cause such issues.)
Phone3D related articles
3D Inspection System does NOT yet run on iOS . Some may successfully use remote display/control software or apps on such devices to control a regular windows computer running 3D or other software.
Product or brand names listed above may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. No rights to these are given expressed or implied.